The Åkers Group operates three plants in the United States. Avonmore is a modern manufacturer of standard and specialty rolls which serves the needs of mills throughout North America and export markets. The plant has a total output of 20,000 tons and employs approximately 250 people. In all, Avonmore comprises 28,789 m² of production facilities.
Hyde Park is a specialist manufacturing facility that produces specialist seal parts for Åkers roll products. The plant employs approximately 61 people and its overall production facilities cover an area of 4,700 m².
Vertical Seal Company makes products including bearing bushings, key and keyless bearing sleeves, mill spare parts such as inboard/outboard retainer rings, inboard/outboard ring spacers, throw rings and gib blocks to original specifications. The plant also supplies high technology coating services.
Avonmore production facility
- Roll foundry with 2 induction furnaces, 2 holding furnaces, 1 centrifugal casting
- Heat treatment with 2 arc furnaces, 17 car type furnaces,
7 hood type furnaces, 4 quench machines, 1 caster
- Roll machining shop with 5 grinders, 13 lathes, 2 ingersoll duplex mills,
3 centering machines
Hyde Park plant
- Roll foundry with induction furnaces and one vertical centrifugal casting
- Work rolls for hot strip finishing mills
- Work rolls for hot strip roughing mills
- Work rolls for plate mills
- Cast rolls for cold mills